Saturday, August 26, 2006

Instant Karma

Today I went to Trader Joe's to get some milk and pasta. When navigating my way out of the shopping center's parking lot, a black guy in a Vespa cut me off on the left side. For no reason what-so-ever, this guy keeps driving and turns his head to look back at me with a defiant face.
This guy has just come out of nowhere and I haven't done anything to him for him to try to intimidate me with his "bike". My reaction was to just keep driving at parking lot acceptable speed, and say to myself "what is this dumbass looking at".
By now, the guy is looking ahead and is approaching the curve to exit the parking lot. He made a sharp turn and lost control of the Vespa and in the blink of an eye he was hitting the pavement with his right shoulder and head.
I must admit that for a second or two I grinned as I stopped and saw him on the ground. I then opened my door and yelled out asking him if he was okay. He didn't respond but i knew he was moving. I decided to walk towards him, but my gut told me to get the key off the ignition in case it was a setup. I went over and got the Vespa off of him and asked him if he was alright.
When he got up he asked me to push his shoulder back in place, which I reluctantly did. I suggested he takes it easy and not make sharp turns like that. He thank me and I got back in my car.
I drove off with the elated feeling that Karma had done it's job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolina said...

ooh it certainly did! ... well done my friend.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home