Thursday, August 10, 2006

Moving?

So, there is a slight probability that we will be moving to Houston within the next year. I welcome that possibility since I already gave Las Vegas a shot and after 7 years have failed to truly make it my home.
I came here for the money, but now real estate is flat and like any other investor, I have ran out of passion. I would be an ingrate if I said the past 7 years have sucked because I have lead a really good financial life that would have been impossible had I stayed in New York.
If it was up to me, I would move back east, but not to NY or NJ. I would consider PA or SC. The thing is that Houston has good cancer treatment centers and the in-laws are planning on relocating there because of it.
I've checked out Craigslist and it doesn't seem too bad, except for the traffic, humidity and low level of education of some of the residents. I'm beginning to understand why they call middle america The Heartland. It's because the brain ain't there.
I've spent sometime looking at real estate there and it amazes me that I can get a palacial mc.mansion there with 6 bedrooms, 3 living rooms, gym, theater room, 3 car garage, study, etc. All for about $400K. Something like that in Vegas goes for around $1.5 Mil.
It looks like we'll be making a trip to Houston to take a lookie lookie.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pinkie said...

porque mis amigos no hablan ingles o eapanol pero frances....

5:14 PM  
Blogger annush said...

i've heard that life in Houston is good...I can't imagine myself leaving the east or west coast if I were to go back to the US though...

11:00 AM  
Blogger a.l.e.y.n.a.d.a.m.a.s. said...

sabes me enteré que eres bastante escaso d mente.... ahora que se donde vives veo el porque!

no dejemos que nuestros cerebreos sean dominados por un capitalismo disfrazado de antiterrorismo!!!

fuck the usa

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Cpu upgrade finder weight concerta loss Acuvue colored contacthtml Mature river deposits jenna jameson free foto Rip van winkle campground new york Bruno wheelchair lift Compare pulse and blood pressure commercial general liability insurance Wheel chair accessible bus sale

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home