Friday, August 25, 2006

Crappy Friday

I usually look forward to fridays. It's not because I don't have to work the next day, historically they have been stress-free days for me.
Today however, has been crappy, shitty, sucky, etc and it's only 1:30 PM. Due to my back pain I have been working with my laptop from the couch for the past couple of weeks. In the past I used to say: I wouldn't know how I would live if I didn't have internet. Then I moved up and said: I don't know how I would live if I didn't have high-speed internet. Now I say: I don't know how I would live if I didn't have wireless high-speed internet.
I've had my trusty Netgear router for a couple of years now and it looks like it's usability has come to an end. I've lost my connection a million times today.
I decided that instead of wasting the day away trying to figure out what is wrong with it, I may as well just go buy a new one. I got my keys and got in my SUV. Before i turn on the ignition I felt something wasn't right, so I got out and looked at my rear tire. FLAT. I said to myself, no problem. I got the jack out and started changing the tire. when I went under the car to remove the spare tire, FLAT. Now I have two flat tires and no way to get them fixed until the wife comes home.
I was pissed, but no sweat. So I decided to go to the mailbox and get the mail. What do i get, bills including a big hospital bill for my accident.
The bottom line is this: when things get bad, don't sweat it too much because they can always get worse and worse. Not only that, there are people having an even worse time than you right now, like my faher-in-law. He just found out his cancer has spread and he thinks he doesn't have much time left alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home