Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Few Of My Favorite Things

A few days ago I contemplated making a list of the things that I hate or at least annoy me. Instead, I decided to channel my energy to the positive. So I made a list of the things I love or make me happy and don't necessarily cost me money. My goal was 25, but as the day went by I kept on thinking of more and more things. This is about appreciating the things in our lives.

  1. To see good people succeed
  2. Rain hitting my windows
  3. Emails from friends
  4. Baby animals
  5. Old pictures
  6. Naturally sweet coconut water
  7. Not having bad debt
  8. My father’s humor
  9. Europe
  10. Never having had acne
  11. My daughter eating
  12. Spring
  13. A good piece of trivia
  14. Being asked for advice
  15. A song I can identify with
  16. My moral values
  17. Taking really good pictures
  18. A good red wine
  19. History
  20. The word abundance
  21. My garlic and tomato pasta recipe
  22. Netflix
  23. My dreams about fish
  24. Looking at people’s collections
  25. My wife’s cooking
  26. My books from the 1700’s
  27. Having a best friend for a long time
  28. New white socks
  29. Live fish
  30. My 50 inch flat screen TV
  31. Snow in Las Vegas
  32. Wild flowers
  33. Scotch & club soda with 3 ice cubes
  34. All my tools
  35. Watching my daughter sleep
  36. New York style pizza
  37. Trying to always be on time
  38. Finishing things
  39. My sister’s laughter
  40. Beating my mom at a good card game
  41. Being respected all my life
  42. Dried cherries
  43. Getting FedEx and UPS packages
  44. The word serendipity
  45. Feeling that the best is yet to come
  46. Trees
  47. Doing nice things for others
  48. Big pomegranates
  49. When people get me
  50. Nitpicking movies
  51. Having friends over
  52. When new restaurants open nearby
  53. Planning a trip
  54. Having my cheeks hurt from laughing so much
  55. Positive peer pressure
  56. Going to the movies with friends
  57. Learning something new
  58. My definition of success
  59. Picking fruits from a tree
  60. Telling jokes while hiking
  61. Lisa from the Simpsons
  62. Being able to carry almost anything in my SUV
  63. Deadline extensions
  64. Getting comments on my blog
  65. Frozen grapes
  66. Knowing my dog doesn’t bark because he chooses not to
  67. Online banking
  68. My not-too-soft/not-too-hard pillow
  69. Being told that I matter
  70. A good foreign film on a Saturday night
  71. The smell of apple cinnamon
  72. A good risotto for two
  73. My wireless connection
  74. Singing along to Sweet Child O’ Mine
  75. Sunday mornings

I challenge you to make a list of at least 25 things that don't necessarily involve money and make you happy. You may not copy more than 5 from my list. Espanol o Ingles is fine.

I wasn't going to do this, but I'm challenging:
Odisea Burbujas
Natalia
Burbuja Galactica
Bau
Angy
(think hard)
Bracuta

6 Comments:

Blogger Francisco (Melvin) Rosario said...

I don't think I'm ready for this jelly ... I need time to figure out where to even begin!

10:44 AM  
Blogger henry siteber said...

Dude! I just downloaded Bootylicious last night and have been singing it all day today. That's weird.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracias por tomarme en cuenta, pronto publicare mi listado. Hasta pronto.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Libélula said...

Awesome list, hon...I am working on mine!!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Carolina said...

gracias por el challenge! lo acepto y a ver si te gusta...las tuyas me encantan, te quiero copiar algunas, pero trataré de no hacerlo ;)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Libélula said...

Check mine out!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home